Monday, July 21, 2014

... a bat veil and thoughts on the big day...

Earlier today, I was playing with a hairstyle that I saw on Pinterest.  I had considered calling a salon about wedding packages but they’re closed on Mondays, and they’re also a new salon to me. A few years ago when I earned tenure at my university, I treated myself to purple highlights. In undergrad, my hair was Manic Panic Plum and I loved it. This time, nearly two decades later, instead of dying my entire head, I decided to pay a professional.  I had been going to the stylist for years and while she gave a great haircut most times, sometimes she was hit or miss. My highlights were totally a miss. In fact, she burned my face. At that point, enough was enough and I stopped going. I had friends who were hair stylists cut my hair when possible but eventually I had to find a new place. 

Finally, I found a new place that was not only aesthetically pleasing but also gave a pretty good haircut. I still have a few more times to test it out before it is officially *my* salon. Flash to today when I am thinking about my winter wedding. Should I do my own hair… CAN I do my own hair? 

I’m divorced so while I’m not planning a big wedding for others (we’re only having four friends total and no family) I do want everything to be perfect for my fella and me… down to my perfect bat veil from EmeraldAngel.


This isn’t intended as a venting post but I was thinking about my previous *big day* when all I wanted was for each of my bridesmaids to have their bouquets of their favorite flowers and for my bridal bouquet to make up all of their favorites. I envisioned a wildflower bouquet especially since one of my close friends picked sunflowers for her bouquet. Instead, my previous grandmother-in-law aka the florist decided that my vision wasn’t quite right and took it upon herself to assure that my bouquet was one of white roses. I think I ended up hating white roses for years after that.

This time, I want to reduce my stress as much as possible because it isn’t about the wedding but about my future marriage. Reducing my stress will make my fella’s day better too. Our wedding is already an hour away so I don’t need to pack the day with hair appointments. I’ll plan a manicure and pedicure along with a nice trim a week in advance and go into the darkest night as stress free as possible.   





8 comments:

  1. LOVE the bat veil! And I think your hair is stunning just as it is. (Envy, envy!) Whatever you decide to do to it will be the "cherry on top". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hairdo! It looks great with the veil!

    I do hope your future day will be all yours, all what you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that veil so much I wanted to wear it all day yesterday after I was playing around with it... Of course, I had an afternoon dentist check up so it may have been a little out of place :D

      Delete
  3. Wow I love that bat veil! and your hair is gorgeous, even if you decided to do nothing with it, it would still look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your veil and hair. I hear you on having a stress free day and I am sure it will be perfect. Can't wait to see more wedding updates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been a bit low key about everything. In fact, some of my friends don't realize I'm even getting married since I haven't made a grand announcement. I just trickle tidbits in here and there.

      Delete