Friday, July 25, 2014

... happy buys, and a ridiculous splurge before my gloom...


Before yesterday's gloom, I headed to Michael's and ended up splurging on the Spooky Town Box-of-Bones Coffin Factory. I don't usually buy animated displays but come on, it's a coffin factory run by skeletons! Plus, I had a 20% off the entire purchase coupon.

My spending season is already upon me. I try to hone in on a few big ticket items and then hope that some of the cool stuff lasts until after Halloween where I can catch some sales. Because I'm on sabbatical this upcoming semester, I'll be saving myself $500 monthly in commuting costs so it doesn't help that I can rationalize the extra spending. Just a little while ago, the first few boxes arrived, and nothing lifts one's spirits (as much as possible) as friends, in this case cute little inanimate objects.
Michael's Crafts in store

Here are some of the not-so-pricey purchases.
ornament Pier 1 Imports online
Pier 1 Imports online



Lastly, I actually didn't buy these two to go together. In fact, Pier 1 Imports includes each of them in different relationships (i.e. they each have different online pairs). I bought the Day of the Dead guy because he reminds me of one of The Gentleman from Buffy, and she reminded me of The Corpse Bride...but they look like a happy couple to me.

6 comments:

  1. You're the second one who has posted about Michael's recently, and there's one very close to me that I haven't been to in months. I'm DOOMED...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run! Don't walk to your local store!!! :D

      Delete
    2. I think I'll drive, it's rather a loooong walk from here! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until Michaels opens up near my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I need all of these! I've also felt the Halloween shopping bug. I'm anxious for my local stores to get their stock out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that coffin factory thing is awesome! Probably a good thing I am in Australia so I can't buy it, I don't have the money!

    I like how you repartnered that ghostly couple, they look pretty happy together!

    ReplyDelete